Friday, December 2, 2011

Coffee and Banana Custard


This is a layered custard pudding, with  a handy ingredients or sometimes from leftovers while making fruit salad or banana pudding or banana cream pie. A store bought custard powder would also do but I always make mine.....



First layer of the bowl will have grated bananas,vanilla cake crumbled and a tablespoon of instant coffee powder. I have not used the cake crumbs here as i didn't have....yet its best used because it absorbs liquid and hold the base firmly.

Second layer is layered with vanilla custard. Adjust the quantity of sugar as per choice. Balance it as there is the sweetness of the banana in the lower layer and the top layer has no sugar too.
 I have posted the Custard recipe here.

Third layer is whipped cream

 Finally top it with sprinkles of brown sugar crystals & cocoa powder.Set to chill..


I link this post to CHRISTMAS DELICACY hosted by Julie
                             

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about making something banana and this custard does look delicious. I like the touch of coffee flavor! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never say no when there is custard involved! Thanks for stopping by My Custard Pie - I've written a reply....hope you like it :)

    ReplyDelete